Join the Literacy & Learning Society
Literacy & Learning Society Members
Laurie Bankston & Louise Snyder
Jeff & Johanna Berninger
Joe & Rebecca Berninger
Don & Carol Bilse
Colin & Kathleen Combs
Abby Eblen & Richard Blahauvietz
Holly & Christian End
Bernard & Laura Gaffney
Grand Cayman Islands, BWI
Bob & Sarah Lawrence
Stan & Gretchen Liebenberg
Ed & Suzanne McCarter
Mike & Karen Pompeo
Carolee & Gerrit Terpstra
Dream Builders are LLS members who have fulfilled and renewed their 5-year commitment
Marlene Alger & Colin Thacker
Join the Cooperative for Education's prestigious Literacy & Learning Society (LLS) and ensure that CoEd’s programs will be around for many years to come.
Literacy & Learning Society members make a commitment to contribute to CoEd each year for the next five years.
Yearly sponsorship levels include:
- Computer Workstation: $1,000
- Culture of Reading Program Classroom: $2,000
- School Textbook Program: $2,500
- Computer Center: $5,000
As a Society member, you will receive:
- Letters and photos from the young people you help in Guatemala.
- Invitations to exclusive events for LLS members.
- Recognition for your support at the schools and in CoEd publications.
LLS members can personally attest to the rewards of making an ongoing commitment to the children of Guatemala:
- “We're happy to give to Cooperative for Education through our Rotary Club's involvement with the Guatemala Literacy Project, but we feel it's important to make a personal gift as well. The connection we felt with the kids we met in Guatemala is strengthened every time we receive a letter or photograph from the students who are getting a better education because of the commitment we made.”
—Gerrit & Carolee Terpstra, LLS Members
- “When I first heard of the Literacy & Learning Society, it sounded like a financial sacrifice...until I figured it out and realized that it only takes $83 a month to provide computer access and training to students in a country where less than 2% of the population owns a computer but 80% of mid-level jobs require technical skills.”
—Becky Keating, LLS Member
For more information about the Literacy & Learning Society, please contact Holly End at 513-661-7000, x. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.