How You Can Help
Lesly needs your help.
Like many young people entering high school, Lesly dreams of the future. She wants to become a bookkeeper, maybe in the hotel industry. Modest as they are, her aspirations may still be out of reach.
Last year, Lesly’s father died. Now that her mother has to support seven children on her own, the family doesn’t have the money to send Lesly to school. Will she become another dropout statistic?
You can make a difference in one child’s life—or in the lives of many.
Your investment of just $2 a day will keep Lesly in school another year and help her pursue her career goals. Just under $3 a day could fund a computer workstation at Lesly’s school for one year, giving her entire class the opportunity to learn marketable computer skills that will help them get better jobs.
- Learn how you can help build pathways out of poverty for Lesly and her friends through CoEd's sponsorship program.
Explore other ways you can help the children of Guatemala:
- Join CoEd for a tour of Guatemala.
- Host a fun event with friends to raise funds and awareness.
- Volunteer your time and talents.
- Get your students, your child’s class, or your student club involved in a unique service learning project through our school to school partnerships.
- Make a $25 donation through this special link to receive a free copy of Rewriting the Future, a book highlighting our work in Guatemala.
- Sign up for our email newsletter.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or tell a friend about CoEd. If you have the new Facebook timeline, you can show your love for CoEd with one of our free timeline cover images.
Give with confidence
When you donate to CoEd, rest assured that we will use your money wisely to deliver vital resources to the young people of Guatemala. On average, 90 cents of every dollar donated to the projects goes directly to our programs. Less than 10 cents of every dollar goes to administrative or fundraising costs.