Poverty Buster Sponsorship
This unique sponsorship combines three of CoEd’s programs to impact students in Guatemala in a truly special way. As a Poverty Buster, you will sponsor one scholarship student, one Technology in Action computer workstation, one Culture of Reading Program (CORP) classroom, and provide reference materials for one school.
Your one-time contribution of $4,000 allows you to experience the joy of bringing both technology and literacy to Guatemala on a large scale, plus fosters a personal relationship with a scholarship student in need. What a perfect combination to help Guatemalan students bust out of poverty once and for all!
Your sponsorship will provide:
- Your scholarship student’s tuition and fees
- Computer software installation and updates
- Occasional replacement of mice, hard drives, keyboards, mouse pads, etc.
- Routine computer cleaning and maintenance
- Technical support
- Computer program management
- Selection of engaging CORP storybooks
- Materials necessary to use CORP strategies in the classroom
- 60 training hours in literacy instruction
- Two years of in-class coaching and teacher support
- Assessments of student progress and CORP program effectiveness
- Reference materials for one school
- Your sponsored Technology in Action computer workstation and CORP class will display plaques with your name.
- You will receive thank-you letters and photos from your sponsored schools.
- You will receive personal thank-you letters and photos from the scholarship student benefiting from your support.