Volunteer in Guatemala
If you are interested in volunteering in Guatemala, please consider joining us for one of our Project Tours. We are not accepting applications for general purpose volunteers in Guatemala at this time.
Volunteer in the Cincinnati Area
If you would like to volunteer your time at our Cincinnati office, please tell us about your interests, talents, and availability by filling out a volunteer form or by contacting Renee Berlon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-661-7000, ext. 111.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Board Committee Member: Lend us your legal, financial, or fundraising expertise by joining a Board Committee.
- Office Volunteer: Help us do research, create display materials, complete mailings, enter data, and carry out a variety of other office tasks. (Commitment to a regular schedule and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet are required.)
- Speakers Bureau Member: Spread the word about CoEd’s work in Guatemala by joining our Speakers Bureau. We'll train you and give you all of the resources you need to give great presentations.
- Info Fair Representative: Manage a CoEd exhibit at informational and volunteer fairs. We’ll give you the materials and the background—you show up and share your enthusiasm about CoEd with others.
- Technical Assistance Volunteer: Help us manage our website, design electronic documents, or troubleshoot computer problems. If you have experience with Dreamweaver, or you love working with iMovie or Final Cut, we need your expertise!
- PR Assistant: Create and distribute news articles and press releases to get the word out about CoEd’s work.
- Oprah Enthusiast: Make it your mission to get CoEd connected to Oprah or other well-known people.
- YP Liaison: Research and connect CoEd with the multitude of Young Professional groups in the area that fundraise and volunteer for charities.
- Handyman/woman: Help us with occasional repairs around the office.
- Translators: Provide occasional translation services to the organization. If you are fluent in Spanish and English and you have a computer, you can even volunteer from home! (Preference will be given to volunteers familiar with the intricacies of Guatemalan Spanish.)
- Video Editing Volunteer: Help us create and edit promotional and educational videos about CoEd’s work in Guatemala. Computer skills required, especially familiarity with video editing programs such as Final Cut or iMovie.
Fall Fiesta Volunteer Opportunities
Fall Fiesta, our annual fundraiser, happens every October in both Cincinnati and Atlanta. You can help make this event a success by volunteering as a:
- Committee Member: Join the committee and help plan the October event.
- Promoter: Get local businesses to donate goods and services to the silent auction, help obtain sponsorships for the event, or spread the word about the fundraiser.
- Fall Fiesta Event Volunteer: Help set up, clean up, or serve in a variety of roles during the event.