Donate Stock or IRA Funds


Donate Stock

Donate Stock Electronically

If you have a brokerage account, your broker can electronically transfer your shares of stock into our account. Please follow these simple steps:

  1. Talk to us: Contact us at or 513-661-7000 to obtain the number for our brokerage account with Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (DTC# 0226).
  2. Talk to your broker: Give our brokerage account number and Fidelity’s DTC number to your broker, who can then transfer the stock.

If you need assistance, please call Fidelity’s customer service line at 1-800-544-6666.

Donate Stock on Paper

If you do not have a brokerage account and would like to transfer paper stock certificates, please follow these instructions:

  1. Complete a Certificate Release Request Form (PDF), including Signature Guarantee (which you should be able to obtain at your bank). In Section One of the form, enter the information for Cooperative for Education’s brokerage account. Contact us at or 513-661-7000 for our account number.
  2. Sign the back of the stock certificate exactly as the (owner) names are printed on the certificate.
  3. Write “National Financial Services LLC” in the blank space between “appoint” and “attorney” on the back of the certificate.
  4. Write Cooperative for Education’s Fidelity brokerage account number in the top right corner of the certificate.
  5. Send the stock certificate and the Certificate Release Request Forms by certified or registered mail to the address below. Fidelity recommends insuring the forms for 2% of their value.

Fidelity Investments
Attn: Banking Services
Mail Zone KC1N 100
Crosby Parkway
Covington, KY 41015

If you need assistance, please call Fidelity’s customer service line at 1-800-544-6666.

Donate through Your IRA

When you donate through your IRA, the IRS doesn’t touch your money. You can now donate up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to charity and exclude that money from your adjusted gross income (AGI).

What happens?

  • Your federal income taxes go down.
  • Your state and local income taxes may go down.
  • Your Medicare premiums may decrease.
  • Federal taxes on your Social Security payments may decrease.

By using my required minimum distribution, we reduce our annual income (and taxes) and therefore have more funds available for gifts to our favorite causes.

Mary Anne Johnston


To get started, just take this info to your IRA administrator:

Cooperative for Education 
2300 Montana Avenue, Suite 301
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Phone: 513-661-7000
Tax ID: 31-1545464
Year established: 1997

Disclaimer: This is not intended to convey or constitute legal, financial, nor tax advice. Please contact your tax or legal professional for advice pertaining to your individual situation.

Thank you for your generosity!