Donate Stock or IRA Funds
Donate Stock Electronically
If you have a brokerage account, your broker can electronically transfer your shares of stock into our account. Please follow these simple steps:
- Talk to us: Contact us at email@example.com or 513-661-7000 to obtain the number for our brokerage account with PNC Institutional Asset Management (DTC# 2616).
- Talk to your broker: Give our brokerage account number and PNC’s DTC number to your broker, who can then transfer the stock.
If you need assistance, please call our PNC advisor at (412) 995-1769.
Donate Stock on Paper
If you do not have a brokerage account and would like to transfer paper stock certificates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 661-7000 for instructions.
Donate through Your IRA
When you donate through your IRA, the IRS doesn’t touch your money. You can now donate up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to charity and exclude that money from your adjusted gross income (AGI).
- Your federal income taxes go down.
- Your state and local income taxes may go down.
- Your Medicare premiums may decrease.
- Federal taxes on your Social Security payments may decrease.
By using my required minimum distribution, we reduce our annual income (and taxes) and therefore have more funds available for gifts to our favorite causes.
To get started, just take this info to your IRA administrator:
Cooperative for Education
2300 Montana Avenue, Suite 401
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Tax ID: 31-1545464
Year established: 1997
Disclaimer: This is not intended to convey or constitute legal, financial, nor tax advice. Please contact your tax or legal professional for advice pertaining to your individual situation.