Cooperative for Education (logo)


Tax-Advantaged Giving

There are many ways to save money on your taxes by giving to CoEd! In addition to making a tax-deductible charitable contibution to CoEd, there are two additional tax-advantaged ways to give. Learn more about each option below.

Donate Stock

Thank you for considering a stock donation to the Cooperative for Education. You can transfer legal ownership of the stock to us two ways: through an electronic or paper transaction.

If you need assistance with either of these options, please call Fidelity’s customer service line at 1-800-544-6666.

Electronic Stock Transfers

If you have a brokerage account, your broker can electronically transfer your shares of stock into our account. Please follow these simple steps:

  1. Talk to us: Contact Garrett Fenchel at or 513-661-7000, x. 111 to obtain the number for our brokerage account with Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC (DTC# 0226).
  2. Talk to your broker: Give our brokerage account number and Fidelity’s DTC number to your broker, who can then transfer the stock.

Paper Stock Transfers

If you do not have a brokerage account and would like to transfer paper stock certificates, please follow these instructions:

  1. Complete a Certificate Release Request Form (PDF), including the Signature Guarantee (which you should be able to obtain at your bank). In section one of the form, enter the information for the Cooperative for Education’s brokerage account. Contact Garrett Fenchel at or 513-661-7000, x. 111 for our account number.
  2. Sign the back of the stock certificate exactly as the (owner) names are printed on the certificate.
  3. Write "National Financial Services LLC" in the blank space between "appoint" and "attorney" on the back of the certificate.
  4. Write the Cooperative for Education’s Fidelity brokerage account number in the top right corner of the certificate.
  5. Send the stock certificate and the Certificate Release Request Forms by certified or registered mail (Fidelity recommends insuring them for 2% of their value) to:

    Fidelity Investments
    Attn: Banking Services
    Mail Zone KC1N
    100 Crosby Parkway
    Covington, KY 41015

Donate through your IRA


When you donate through your IRA, the IRS doesn't touch your money. You can now donate up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to charity and exclude that money from your adjusted gross income (AGI).

By using my required minimum distribution, we reduce our annual income (and taxes) and therefore have more funds available for gifts to our favorite causes.
–Mary Anne Johnston, CoEd donor

Mary Anne Johnston

Ready to get started?

Take this info to your IRA administrator:

Cooperative for Education
2300 Montana Avenue, Suite 301
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Phone: 513-661-7000
Tax ID: 31-1545464
Year established: 1997

Thank you for your generosity!

Disclaimer: This is not intended to convey or constitute legal, financial, nor tax advice. Please contact your tax or legal  professional for advice pertaining to your individual situation.